For most people, achieving success on this great program is simple and doesn’t require any counting of calories or carbohydrates. Here are a few tips that can help if you are experiencing slower weight loss or if you reach a weight-loss plateau at some point in your program.
▪ If you haven’t started exercising yet, now may be the time. Start slowly, and gradually increase time and intensity as your body allows. Remember, listen to your body! If you are already exercising, try picking up the intensity or frequency of your workouts.
▪ If you are exercising intensely, you may be pushing too hard- try to avoid excessive "huffing and puffing" while exercising. Your body will store fat if you are overworking!
▪ In general, be aware of your total carbohydrate intake. If you are experiencing slower weight loss or hit a plateau, we recommend staying between 80-85 grams of carbohydrate per day.
▪ Try using more "liquid" products for a few days, which are generally the lowest in carbohydrate content (aka: Have a shake day!)
Choose meats from the leanest category and veggies from the lowest carbohydrate category for a week. Eat more fish!
Optional Snacks from the TSFL shopping cart (soy crackers, chips, popcorn, etc), are higher in carbohydrates than most non-TSFL snacks, i.e. celery, sugar free popsicle, etc. Refer to the list of non-TSFL snacks in your Quick Start Guide for more options.
▪ Use the food journal or other method to log your meals and be sure you are eating the lean meat and green veggie meal as it is recommended.
▪ Be sure you are drinking half your body weight in ounces of water, each day. At least 64 ounces, but preferably 100 ounces or more is best for getting off a plateau!
▪ Make sure you are eating within a half hour of waking up, and never going longer than 3 hours between meals.
If you’ve tried these tips and are not getting the results you expected, contact your health coach for more ideas.